About Our Bank
In 1903, First National Bank was opened for business in the community of Clinton. The original building, located at the corner of 4th Street and Frisco Avenue, was the second building built in the newly organized community of Clinton, Oklahoma.
First Bank and Trust Company is a family owned bank. The Sewell family has been in banking in Western Oklahoma since 1899 and is now in its fifth generation of bankers.
J.R.P. Sewell came to the panhandle of Oklahoma in 1899 operating several banks in Indian Territory and the panhandle of Texas. His son, Frank A. Sewell, joined in the banking business in 1909.
Frank A. Sewell purchased the First National Bank of Clinton in 1935, moving it to its present location at the corner of 5th Street and Frisco Avenue in 1936. His son Frank A. Sewell, Jr. started his banking career in 1947. His son F.A. Sewell, III, who now serves as Chairman of the Board, joined in the family banking business in 1972. His son Frank Sewell, IV has served on the Board of Directors since 1998.
As you can see by this being our fifth generation in banking, we are committed to serving the people of Western Oklahoma.
In order to better serve our customers, First Bank and Trust Company obtained trust powers in 1981 and serves Custer, Beckham, Washita, Dewey, Kiowa, Roger Mills and Blaine counties having grown into the largest active and fully staffed trust department in Western Oklahoma. Our roots run deep and customer service continues to be our main goal.
Dennis Hill, who began his banking career in 1977, serves as President of the bank.
Visit our Bank and our Clinton History Gallery located on the second floor outside our Trust Department.